Monday 3 August 2015

Pregnancy: Week 23. What I ate.

Ups and downs of healthy eating have always been a struggle for me. Except one summer when I managed to lose over 10kgs easy as.

It is winter. I don't like winter. I miss strawberries and watermelon and basically everything colourful about summer.

So getting to how my weight/diet/exercise is going... Ugh.

My weight: 101 kgs. (222 lbs).
Weight gain so far: 11kgs (22 lbs)

Goals: Water intake: Yes, I fill up my 1.5L water every night. Sometimes mid-afternoon.
            Biscuits: No.... Definitely having less though.



Over the past few days I have definitely been getting back on track. I did a lot of walking yesterday going shopping with my mum and chasing after Grace. Unfortunately my legs ACHED for hours because I wore jandals ): Silly me.

I have found some Youtube videos that I like to do and have done them 3 days in a row (I know, that's not a lot, yet) and my intake of fruits and vegetables has increased. Breads and cereals etc are only used when I cannot think of anything else I feel like at the time.

Here are the Youtube videos I have been using:

Long one
Short one (Grace likes joining in with this one sometimes)



Here are some pictures of what I have been eating throughout the last few weeks. I forget to take a pic of everything, but this shows a pretty good variety I guess.


Breakfast most days is a green smoothie (spinach, berries, banana, chia seeds, yoghurt) or yoghurt and fruit/granola (HM)




Lunch, I never seem to capture (too busy) but it is ALWAYS different. I have salad wraps for maybe 3 days a week and the rest is whatever I see in the cupboard first. 




Dinner is my favourite meal of the day to cook. I sometimes have a plan, but when my family is home I have to ask what they want, so most of these are nights when I only have to cook for Grace and I. I am trying to incorporate more and more vegetables into every dish.




Snacks are once, sometimes twice a day, depending on what we are doing. When I say once a day, I mean every day is two, but sometimes Grace just munches on an apple for an hour if I am not hungry or feeling creative. 



Goal for this week: Finish the 5 Litre container of lettuce in the fridge before it goes yucky. This week I got lots of tomatoes and other yummy stuff to go in a salad so they won't be too boring this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment