Wednesday 2 September 2015

Popsicle Stick Patterns

Recently I was wandering the isles of a little dollar store trying to find pom poms. I found some, which was great! I also happened to come across giant popsicle sticks, in rainbow colours.

I decided to buy them, not knowing what to use them for. After hours of thinking and not coming up with anything I thought Grace would find fun, yet reasonably challenging. Eventually (at 3am in the morning while needing to pee) I thought of the perfect little activity.

One that can be done over and over, inside, and no mess. Sounds good, right?



If you would like to make some for your little one too I will explain how I did it, although it is pretty simple. 

-First, I found some colourful paper, the only stuff I had that had the closest colours was some thin card, so  I used that. 

-I had little popsicle sticks also, so I traced lots onto all the different coloured card and cut them out. I did about 5 or  6 for each colour. These are to represent the large popsicle sticks. 

-I then used some plain white photocopy paper and cut it into 4 pieces, use as many as you like. 

-Think of some patterns and glue them on using the little pieces of coloured paper. These will be templates for your child to follow to make his/her patterns with the large popsicle sticks. 

My child decided to follow a couple of the patterns and then just made her own, bigger and better ones. She likes using alllllll the popsicle sticks, something to think about if I were to re-do this little activity. 

Here are some of the patterns I used: 







No comments:

Post a Comment